Grantsdale, Montana is an unincorporated community in Ravalli County. It is located near U.S. 93 and Montana (Skalkaho) Highway approximately 3 miles south of Hamilton.
Grantsdale was founded by Henry H. Grant whose family traced their ancestry to General Ulysses S. Grant. Henry Grant came to the Bitterroot Valley in 1884, to a 160-acre farm on Willow Creek, east of Corvallis. Later he sold that land and moved to the Skalkaho area where he purchased a mill and several hundred acres of land. He remodeled the mill and produced quality flour with the brand name of “Home Favorite.”
In 1885, the town was surveyed and platted, at the request of H.H. Grant, and thereafter the town was known as Grantsdale.
Description Provided by rootsweb.ancestry.com